When visiting a facility, take a good look at your surroundings and ensure that everything is clean and orderly. Remember that you will be relying on the facility to take care of you and handle your needs, so a lot can be said about the upkeep of their facilities. When touring a facility, try to observe the following:
- Is the facility clean and fresh?
- Are the bathrooms kept in good condition?
- Does it feel safe and secure?
- Are there measures taken to help with mobility?
- Are the grounds well maintained?
The above questions will give you a good indication of whether or not the facility fits your needs; remember this is going to be your home. It is also best practice to revisit a place that you’re considering, this will ensure their standards are upheld. A facility should always be clean and upkept, so if they merely do a “clean-up” to impress potential residents, it will be pretty obvious if you revisit things aren’t as pristine.